Check In time is 5:00 p.m. – During the COVID-19 pandemic, our cleaners require extra time. Please do not attempt to check in before 5:00 p.m. the day you arrive.
Keys: We will send you a code to the lockbox on the front door. There are two keys inside. Please make sure they are returned to the lockbox when you leave.
Bring with you:
- Linens and towels are NOT provided, but are available through Chincoteague Resort Vacations for an extra fee. You will need to bring sheets, pillowcases, bath and beach towels, hand towels, bathmats, kitchen towels, and blankets. There are 2 king beds, 1 queen bed, and 4 twins (2 bunk beds). There are 2 full bathrooms, plus an outdoor shower.
- Beach toys, blankets, and chairs. We do not have these items to lend.
- Bring bikes if you plan to use them. We do not have any to lend, though they are available to rent on the island. Warning–bike rental can be quite expensive.
- Baby equipment – we do not have a pack n ’play or highchair in the house at this time. There are also no plug covers or stair gates. There is a high latch on the screened porch to help make sure toddlers do not go wandering into the pond.
Check Out time is 10:00 a.m. – You need to completely vacate the property by 10:00 a.m. to allow the house cleaning crew to get in before the next guests arrive.
- Please empty all trash cans and place all trash in the outdoor trash cans.
- All floors swept “broom clean.”
- All kitchen items (dishes, pots & pans, etc.) should be clean and put away.
- Do NOT leave any food or paper goods behind in the kitchen. There should be paper towel, cone coffee filters, foil, plastic wrap, oil, salt & pepper, and a few spices. Take everything else away with you or dispose of it in the outdoor trash cans.
- Please check all rooms and outdoor spaces carefully for your personal items.
- Please make sure there is some hand soap, toilet paper, dish soap, dish washer detergent, and paper towels available for the next guests. If you use something up, please replace it for the next guests.
- Trash pick up is early FRIDAY MORNING. They usually come by 7:30 a.m., so you’ll want to put the trash cans out at the street on Thursday night. If you forget, you will need to drive all your trash to the town dump before you leave (it’s only a couple minutes away). Don’t leave full trash cans for the next guests. Set a reminder on your phone for Thursday night to put the cans out.
- ABSOLUTELY NO smoking allowed anywhere on the property. Period.
- Do not attempt to move the big table on the screened porch. It’s big, it’s heavy, and it was a labor of love to build it by hand. Don’t set anything too hot on it either – use a trivet so you don’t cause damage.
- No pets allowed on the property. We love animals, too, but for the sake of our guests with allergy issues, we leave ours at home and you have to as well.
- Please be kind to our neighbors. They have been kind to us. Keep noise to a minimum outside after 9pm.
- Stay out of the pond. It doesn’t belong to us. There are definitely snapping turtles in it. Feel free to bring a small net on a pole if you want to explore what’s in the pond with your kids. We’d be interested to hear what you find. Just keep your toes out of the pond if you value them.
The house has a 49″ TV, cable, DVD/VHS, and a sound bar with a subwoofer. If you want to bring a device to attach, please use the HDMI2 plug. There is an extension cable hanging off of the TV. The TV has a Roku device built in, but it is not available for use. Adding channels is disabled.
The cable remote turns on both the TV and the cable box. The TV There is a sound bar with a subwoofer if you want to add better quality sound. The TV sound will work without the sound bar. Please use the separate remote for the sound bar. Sometimes the “Input” gets changed. If that happens, press the “Input” button until the set of lights marked on the side of the sound bar is highlighted.